Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
In 2018, ‘Ph.D. Program’was the first of its an academic course in Home Science with specialization in Food and Nutrition and Child Development and Gender Socialization under the Dean office of Humanities and Social Science, Tribhuvan University.
Course Objectives of Ph.D. in Home Science:
After completion of the course student should be able to:
- Demonstrate a high level of research skills
- Demonstrate a high level of critical thinking, reading and writing skills in their analysis and critique of contemporary food and nutrition issues, and child development
- Develop a high level of team working skills in their analysis and critique of contemporary food and nutrition, child development issues
- Promote self employment opportunity in the field of nutrition and child development
Successfully completion of Master’s Degree in Home Science with specialization in Food and Nutrition, and Child Development and Gender Socialization or its equivalent from any university, board or institution recognized by Tribhuvan University.
This course provides wide range of prospects:
- One can work in the healthcare sector as a senior dietician, teacher and in food administration.
- As a nutritionist in social welfare, communities or in institutional catering.
- Depending upon the area of specialization students can get into research with respect to the food service industry, ECD centers andelder citizen centers.
- As a Home Science professional could be getting jobs in hospitals, institutional canteens, schools, colleges, government departments and in research labs.
- Self-employment is also a great possibility in this field and one can try his / her entrepreneurial skills in this regard.
- As a Home Science professional can give contribution to national nutrition and child development programs and policies.
Course Description of Ph.D. – 1stSemester
Course Description of Ph.D. – 2ndSemester